Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Updated April 22, 2015
- Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- BLUEMOUND ROAD IS CLOSED over US 45 for bridge reconstruction, as is 97th Street. Use Watertown Plank Road or Greenfield Avenue as alternate east-west routes.
- All exit and entrance ramps at Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road and US 45 are closed. View current directions to campus for alternate routes.
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Wisconsin Avenue near campus.
- 84th Street & I-94 Interchange Construction
- 84th Street is limited to ONE LANE in each direction between I-94 and Honey Creek Parkway. Expect heavy traffic and delays caused by construction equipment.
- The westbound I-94 exit and entrance ramps at 84th Street are closed (use 68th Street to exit and use Hwy. 100 to enter westbound I-94).
- The eastbound I-94 exit and entrance ramps at 84th Street are open.
- A lane is closed long-term on westbound I-94 from 68th Street to the Zoo Interchange. Anticipate lengthy merging delays.
- 92nd Street Construction
- 92nd STREET IS CLOSED at I-94 for bridge reconstruction. Use 84th Street or Hwy. 100 as alternate north-south routes.
- 76th Street Construction
- 76th STREET IS CLOSED through mid-May from Greenfield Avenue to Pierce (just south of I-94) for roadway reconstruction. Use 84th Street or 70th Street as alternate north-south routes. The intersection of Greenfield Avenue and 76th Street is under construction as well. Expect delays.
- Zoo Interchange Ramp Construction
- The Hwy. 100 entrance ramp to eastbound I-94 is closed. Use the 84th Street entrance ramp instead.
- The ramp from westbound I-94 to southbound I-894/US 45 is closed.
- The ramp from northbound I-894/US 45 to westbound I-94 is closed.
Check these links for directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Milwaukee Regional Medical Center Shuttle Service.
Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange related to construction on I-94 and US 45.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.