Zoo Interchange Road Construction Project Updates
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is reconstructing the Zoo Interchange in western Milwaukee County; the project is expected to be completed in 2018. Construction projects to improve traffic flow on alternate routes are under way on most major roads near campus.
Updated January 14, 2015
- Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road & US 45 Interchange Construction
- BLUEMOUND ROAD IS CLOSED over US 45 for bridge reconstruction, as is 97th Street. Use Watertown Plank Road or Greenfield Avenue as alternate east-west routes.
- All exit and entrance ramps at Wisconsin Avenue/Bluemound Road and US 45 are closed. View current directions to campus for alternate routes.
- Anticipate heavy traffic on Wisconsin Avenue near campus. In January, a lane is closed in each direction on Wisconsin Avenue at US 45 for utility work.
- 84th Street & I-94 Interchange Construction
- 84TH STREET IS CLOSED from I-94 to Honey Creek Parkway. Use 92nd Street instead.
- The westbound I-94 exit and entrance ramps at 84th Street are closed (use 68th Street instead).
- The eastbound I-94 exit ramp to 84th Street remains open. To access WLC, continue straight at the end of the ramp onto Kearney Street. (Stay to the right at the split so you don’t re-enter the freeway.) Turn left onto 76th Street, then left onto Bluemound Road.
- A lane is closed long-term on westbound I-94 from 68th Street to the Zoo Interchange. Anticipate lengthy delays.
- Highway 100 & I-94 Interchange Construction
- Hwy. 100 entrance and exit ramps at I-94 have reopened as of December 12.
- Lanes are closed on Hwy. 100 at I-94 for bridge reconstruction through December 19.
Check these links for directions to Wisconsin Lutheran College and the Outdoor Athletic Complex, and for details about a free Shuttle Service.
Check for overnight closures in the Zoo Interchange related to construction on I-94 and US 45.
Please check WisDOT's Zoo Interchange project website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed for more information.
The Office of Marketing & Communication will maintain this page throughout the project.