Marvin M. Schwan Library Policies and Procedures
- Requesting/checking out library materials and accessing databases from off campus requires a valid Warrior OneCard or ID card from a SWITCH library.
- Patrons are responsible for all materials checked out on their card or name.
- Renew or check library requests at My Account.
- Library materials are loaned for 28 days with the option to renew 2 more times.
- Items cannot be renewed if past due date or if items are on hold for another patron.
- DVDs, CDs, and interlibrary loans from other libraries have shorter loan periods and may not be renewable.
- Notebook computers, digital cameras, camcorders, and items from Reserves have shorter loan periods and may not be renewable.
- Library notices are emailed to patron's WLC e-mail address.
- Patrons with overdue items may not access online databases, checkout more items, or renew items online until items are renewed or returned (see Librarians for assistance)
- If you wish to reserve a netbook computer or digital camcorder/camera for checkout, click Reserve Camcorder, Laptop and fill in the requested information.
- If you need items laminated, fill out the form at the library desk, leaving item & form for library staff. A notice of completion and cost will be emailed to your WLC email account and payment is collected when you pick up item(s).
- To recommend a book, DVD, or CD for library purchase, click Ask a Librarian & send author, title, and reason the item would be a valuable addition to the library collection.
- Selection & Acquisitions Policy (pdf)
Library Building & Computer Guidelines
- Library hours are posted at the library entrance and online @ Library Hours
- The main floor of the library is an excellent location for collaborative learning and conversation as well as the location for DVDs (movies), music CDs, computers, and the Student Success Center.
- The upper floor of the library holds the main library book collection and is a quiet place to study so please be considerate of others and keep conversations to a minimum on the upper level.
- To use a library classroom for practicing a presentation or study group, check availability on Campus Events Calendar, then click on Reserve a Room Online to place reservation.
- All library desktop computers and notebook/laptops have software used in classes such as Maple, SPSS, Inspiration, Dasher, SmartBoard, etc.
- No tobacco products are allowed in the library building including the lower classroom level.
Questions?? Ask a Librarian